(A) General - see comments below
1. The 66 books of the Bible are God's message to all humanity. The Bible is divinely inspired, and without error in the original writings. It is the supreme authority in everything that is written in its pages.
2. The final guide to the interpretation of scripture is scripture itself. To fully understand a passage, all other passages that deal with the same topic must be considered.
3. All instruction needed for our lives, is either expressly set down in scripture, or may be determined by a reasonable, literal, interpretation of scripture, along with the leading of the Holy Spirit. When interpreted correctly, the writings in the Bible never conflict with the leading of the Holy Spirit. To the best of our ability, we attempt to obey the commandments of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit.
4. The account of origins presented in Genesis is a simple, but factual, presentation of actual events, and therefore provides a reliable framework for scientific research into the question of the origin and the history of life, mankind, the earth, and the universe.
5. The various original life-forms (kinds), including mankind, were made by direct creative acts of God. The living descendants of any of the original kinds (apart from man) usually represent a family of organisms, rather than a single species. Only very limited biological changes (including mutational deterioration) have occurred naturally within each kind, since creation.
6. The special creation of Adam (the first man) and Eve (the first woman), and their subsequent fall into sin, and our own sin, are the reasons why we all need to be born again (from above).
7. Death (both physical and spiritual) and bloodshed, entered into this world as a direct consequence of the sin of Adam and Eve, and the rest of mankind.
1. The Godhead consists of three manifestations of the same God,- God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
2. Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary. He was God manifested in a human body.
3. Jesus taught that it is necessary to be born of God ( John 1:12,13 ),- to be born again ( or born from above according to the original Greek in John 3:3-7 ) to see the kingdom of God. He was the mediator of the New Covenant. His death and resurrection made the new birth possible.
4. Water baptism, by immersion, is a picture of the spiritual death of the old life, and the beginning of the new life with Christ. Water baptism does not do anything for the person being baptized, but is part of our confession, that Jesus has become our Lord and Savior. A person, when truly changed by God, will quickly desire water baptism by immersion.
5. The Holy Spirit convicts of sin, grants repentance, and leads mankind to seek the new birth, that only God can provide.
6. The Holy Spirit is received through the baptism with the Holy Spirit today, just as He was in the beginning of the early church, at Pentecost.
7. Those who are born of God, become part of the kingdom of God (kingdom of Heaven in the book of Matthew) and will go to be with Jesus, when He returns for His elect.
8. Satan ( the Devil ) is a real spiritual being, formerly having great authority, until he rebelled against God. He is the primary adversary of both God and man.
9. Those who do not seek and receive the new birth, taught by Jesus, will be subject to everlasting punishment.
10. The only legitimate marriage is the joining together of one man and one woman. God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity shall be engaged in, outside of marriage. Christian marriage is a covenant between a man, a woman, and God. Government has no rightful place in a Christian marriage, other than record keeping. Any other kind of "marriage" is not Christian marriage.
1. Scripture teaches a recent origin ( a few thousand years ) for man and the whole creation.
2. The days in Genesis do not correspond to geologic ages, but are six twenty-four hour days. When the Hebrew word "yom" is accompanied by a number, it always refers to 24 hour days.
3. The Genesis Flood was a significant geological event, and most (but perhaps not all) fossils originated at that time.
4. We reject the view, commonly used to evade the implications or the authority of Biblical teaching, that knowledge and/or truth may be divided into; secular truth; and religious truth. When a so-called scientist, contradicts the history recorded in scripture, it is the scientist, who is wrong.
5. The great Flood of Genesis was an actual historic event, worldwide in its extent and effect. The Ark of Noah was a big floating barn, not a boat. It was similar in size in shape to many of the gigantic barges, which carry many tons of materials today. Pieces of the Ark remain today, buried deep in the glaciers, near the eastern summit of Mt. Ararat in eastern Turkey.
1. Some teach that their English translation of the Bible is inerrant. One would have to assume that they haven't read their whole Bible. There are a few rare, but obvious, errors in all English translations. It is not glorifying to God, to make believe that these errors in manuscript selection, and translation, don't exist.
2. Many errors in doctrine are the result of what is called " proof texting " - using verses of scripture apart from the Bible as a whole. Some teach that one should take a Bible verse and " stand on it ". This can lead to much error. Each scripture should be considered along with all the other scriptures, that deal with a particular subject.
3. One can make a reasonable argument that the commandment, to keep the Sabbath, was strictly for the children of Israel. The purpose of the Sabbath was to teach a people, who had lived in a pagan nation for 430 years, that the true God indeed created the earth in six days, and rested the seventh. Our Savior taught that it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath. And, by the way, the Sabbath was Saturday, not Sunday. From the beginning of the early church, Sunday has been the traditional day of Christians gathering together, and should be observed in that manner. Woe to those employers who fail to allow their employees time off to go to the church of their choice on Sunday. Putting money before God will have horrible consequences.
4. Photos of three pieces of Noah's Ark appear on our website. These pieces have obviously moved down the mountain from the original resting place of the Ark. Mt. Ararat has endured volcanic eruptions, earthquakes and avalanches. Two of the photos on our website were taken in, or about, 1972. The other was taken in 1989. It is quite possible that these pieces have slid down from their locations even further, since these photos were taken.
5. The idea that one kind of organism evolved into another, is a myth which has been perpetuated by the influence that its proponents have over the government, the educational establishment, and the media. You can find more info on this subject on our web page about the Evolution Myth.
If you have questions, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Sunday AM services are being held at the Mexico Beach Civic Center. In accordance with federal laws, we have permission to use this heated, and air conditioned, facility on Sunday mornings at 10:00 AM central time. We begin with a short time of greeting and fellowship, and then TJ leads us in worship. After the service we have holy communion, a time when people can request prayer, especially for healing, and sometimes, a pot luck luncheon.
The Mexico Beach Civic Center is located at 105 N. 31st Street. It is the white building with the dark green roof, which is just behind that new Mexico Beach restaurant, Mango Marley's. It is behind Parker Realty, and is on the northeast side of Rte 98. It is about 7/10 mile south of the Mexico Beach Welcome Center. For a map showing the location of the Mexico Beach Civic Center, click below the photo:
Mexico Beach Civic Center
Map of Civic Center Area
Have a wonderful week. May God bless you, and your family!
Would you like to know more about the return of Jesus Christ?
Check out this page: Jesus Is Coming Soon!